About the Business
Wood Engineering Technology plans to be a world leader in innovative, high-performing, and sustainable engineered wood products. We believe our products can play a key role in providing optimized solutions to meet the demands of the residential and commercial construction sectors both locally and abroad.
Work in a state-of-the-art, sustainable, world-first, advanced manufacturing plant. Plant one is operating, and plant two is currently being built and is expected to be up and running during 2023. Further plants are planned for New Zealand and overseas
About the Role
The Production Support & Project Engineer will play a key role in ensuring our advanced manufacturing facility operates fast and reliably with minimum downtime. The plant includes a high number of mechanical machine centers with state-of-the-art Control systems, Sensing, Scanning, and Robotic technology.
You will be required to help ensure the production process as fast and resilient as possible from the delivery of projects which continue the development, refinement, and maintenance of production equipment.
The Production Support & Project Engineer is a virtual support function to the production teams in helping achieve the KPIs within the manufacturing process. This is achieved through being a key contributor in defining and delivering continuous improvements to plant equipment and its ongoing maintenance. The role is also a key mentor and trainer of the production team members to develop their capability to perform plant improvement and maintenance duties.
This is a permanent full-time role with some flexibility in working hours.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive remuneration package
- Use your problem-solving skills to make a real difference in the workplace
- Be part of a sustainable, world-first venture using state-of-the-art machinery
- KPI Rewards scheme
- Long Service Rewards
- Opportunities to “step up” into more senior roles as the business expands and grows
- Work in Sunny Gisborne where there are endless beaches and no traffic jams’
- Join the trend by discovering this ideal location for a lifestyle/work balance
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical Trade Certificate OR
- Minimum Level 5 National Certificate in relevant field
- Min 7 years minimum working in a mechanical space with direct skills and experience with most of the below:
o Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material, and equipment requirements
o Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications using square, rule, calipers, and appropriate laser equipment
o Set up and adjust metalworking machines and equipment
o Operate machines to produce parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, planing, shaping, slotting, grinding, or drilling metal stock or components
o Fit and assemble metal parts, equipment components, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts
o Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
o Dismantle faulty tools and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts
o Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment
o Check accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies
- Min 3 years minimum experience in industrial environments.
- Exposure to industrial electrical work
- Experience in maintenance and repair
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Computers and technology literacy