About the business
First Light Frozen is a prosperous Gisborne business providing food wholesale and distribution throughout the East Coast region for over 37 years.
About the role
This is a full time, permanent role, with some flexibility in hours. We are looking for a Sales Manager who has a good understanding of the food industry, to lead our small, fun and friendly sales team towards new targets and sales development.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Motivate, manage, coach and mentor sales staff to perform towards set goals
- Present sales, revenue, expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Build key customer relationships by use of excellent product knowledge combined with understanding of customer requirements
- Identify new markets and market shifts while being aware of competition status
- Ensure product knowledge of the sales team is relevant and up to date
- Define and execute appropriate sales strategies, including business development, marketing, and sales support programmes to maximise sales and profitability
- Manage end to end sales process
Benefits and perks
- Competitive remuneration and package
- A great working environment, working alongside great like-minded people committed to growth of the business
- Excellent opportunity to step up in your career and bring your fresh ideas and approach to a business that will value them
Skills and experience
- Previous sales experience
- Passionate about food with the ability to work alongside food professionals to meet their requirements in the kitchen
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well, present ideas and influence others
- Highly driven with integrity and exceptional customer service standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate staff
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to handle situations under pressure, while keeping all parties on side
- Computer literate, analytical with a great business sense.
This role would suit candidates with a work history (but not limited to) of chef, restaurant owner, sales account manager in the food industry, sales representative in the food industry, someone with a passion about food, a foodie.
To Apply for these Roles
These roles are open to those able to work in New Zealand.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com